This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDraw parts for VEX IQ

I am in the process of creating LDraw models of VEX IQ parts, allowing you to document your robots using LDraw editors such as MLCad or SR3D builder. You will also be able to create building instructions using LPub. These models are based on VEX CAD models.

Parts done are available here. The job is far from beeing completed yet (eg. none of electronics parts are available!) but structural parts and connectors are done so you can start the test...
    Available parts are listed here.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Philo Hurbain; 03-30-2014, 08:31 AM.

Thank You! ...'publicly'. Looking good and CAD'ing with with ease.

Comment

Nice I was struggling with the VEX assembler. I understand how it works, but I'm finding it too temperamental. Any timeline on the motors? That would be all I'd need to CAD my basic design

Comment

Hope for the next release end of week, with the motor...

Comment

Thanks Philo.

Comment

I think there are a couple things missing:
            "0 VEX Bracket 2 Wide Base 2 x 2 Tab" is missing "1 16 0 -2.5 0.3 16 0 0 0 0 -2.5 0 -15.9 0 box3u10p.dat"

"0 VEX Bracket Corner 1 x 1 x 1" is missing "1 16 -13.5 0 8 0 -2.5 0 -15.6 0 0 0 0 7.7 box3-9a.dat"

Comment

We tried VEX assembler and failed, we will give this one a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hassenplug View Post
                I think there are a couple things missing:
                "0 VEX Bracket 2 Wide Base 2 x 2 Tab" is missing "1 16 0 -2.5 0.3 16 0 0 0 0 -2.5 0 -15.9 0 box3u10p.dat"

"0 VEX Bracket Corner 1 x 1 x 1" is missing "1 16 -13.5 0 8 0 -2.5 0 -15.6 0 0 0 0 7.7 box3-9a.dat"
                These are unofficial (but certified) primitives, download them from
                http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=box3u10p
                http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=box3-9a
                and place them in your LDraw\p folder.

Comment

Great work Philo!
                  Have you considered including necessary primitives in the VEX IQ parts pack to make this a single install "hit and run" package?

Comment

Yes I did... but actually I didn't realize that these widely used primitives were not yet official
                    I'll make a complete check after finishing the parts (parts number wise, I'm half way through... but significantly further complexity wise). For the next release, you should get the smart motor and the 12/36/60 tooth gears.

Comment

It may be nice to see a 'generic' sensor...

Comment

Not the upcoming release, probably next one. Presently I'm working on the brain, a tough one...

Comment

Philo,

Is there anything you need from VEX to make it a bit easier on you?

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul for your offer, but I don't think so... The STEP files are great, and I found a tool chain to convert them to LDraw format. After that it's just a tedious job of subparting them properly to make them easily usable by LDraw editors. Also need to substitute as many primitives as possible (pin holes, axle holes, etc) to get automagically connectivity in SR3Dbuilder, and create connectivity definition files when this is not possible.

Comment

I'm not familiar with MLCad and SR3Dbuilder, are they freeware?

Comment

Working...
                              X