No announcement yet.

MODKIT-Line Following

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That follow the black line program looks great. But, I would need to see the Modkit code to see how to do it.

Comment

Please help!!!! Our state tournament is March 3rd. I just need any type of program to get the robot to go straight. Our robot tends to veer to the right. I prefer to use the gyro. But, I have no idea of how to do this.

Comment

Are you making extra work for yourself with the gyro? I would first take a _close_ look at the drivetrain and find why it's veering. Are the tires scrubbing on the frame? Are the tires worn? You could swap left/right tires and see if it reverses the veer, and if so, then mix/match till it goes away.

Or maybe compensate for the veer using a minor speed adjustment in the code.

Comment

We actually placed plates between the drivetrain and the wheels to make it go straighter. It just seems to me that since the gyro acts pretty precise when making turns, it would be great to make it go straight. I just don’t know how to program it with modkit.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage View Post
            We actually placed plates between the drivetrain and the wheels to make it go straighter. It just seems to me that since the gyro acts pretty precise when making turns, it would be great to make it go straight. I just don’t know how to program it with modkit.
            My experience w/ gyro is mixed. It also tends to wander some....

Comment

Working...
            X