SnapCAD vs Solidworks and Inventor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SnapCAD vs Solidworks and Inventor

I have made a few models on SnapCAD and I want to open the models on Solidworks and Autodesk Inventor. Currently, I am unable to do that and I was wondering if there was a way to do that. I don't want to start the entire model again. I think the issue is the format of the file but I don't know what to do.

To get a better understand the various options for our Students, I put together a basic drive train in SnapCad. The I tried to open that model in Fusion360, but wasn't able to open the fully assembled SnapCAD models. So I had to start again from scratch, which was a good education in the differences between both packages. We settled on SnapCad for our younger students, it seemed to be the right level for them.

I would assume AutoDesk Inventor and Solidworks are also unable to open an entire assempled SnapCAD model directly, but I would check with someone who knows more specifics on those packages.

For Fusion360, Inventor & Solidworks, you can grab the STEP files you'd use here: https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexiq/resources/cad-snapcad

Comment

Thank you sir/madam
      ‚ÄčI find SnapCAD quite easy (I think I am too old for that) and the others are quite challenging. So far, I have been trying to rebuild everything on autodesk and, it has proven to be a tricky task so far

Comment

Working...
      X