No announcement yet.

PitBull

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is awesome!! Cant wait to see that in action.

Comment

That's an awesome robot! The detailing you put into your work is fantastic, I love the big guns and compact gearing.

Comment

Originally posted by kcsoukup View Post
        That's an awesome robot! The detailing you put into your work is fantastic, I love the big guns and compact gearing.
        Thanks, the work on the robot goes slowly, is now very busy with the main job, but has already managed several times to redesign the design and add a shift in the basic weight, this robot was quite complicated, let's see what will come of it and while he knows how to get up and sit down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5AU8RA_lPc

Well and certainly without failure it is possible to do not one work ...

Loss of balance, and fall))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXV9DtssXIY
        Last edited by Valeria93; 04-24-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, this model has not been successful, I will have to disassemble it, since I could not get it to stand on one foot, respectively, I can not organize the move, because the plastic is too play, and there is also play on the motors that I could not balance it. I tried to make a lot of modifications to reinforce it to reduce the weight size and tried the maximum number of options but all without success, I think about creating another model without legs, but with two hands)) ... I do not know until the morning, maybe I'll try a couple more options I will dismantle for the night ....

There was an option to place the steering motors on the lower platform (where the feet), but this option is not very pleasing to me, since it restricts the movement of the head in different directions, this would certainly avoid a blockage when trying to step on one leg, but this is a completely different model ...

It's sad that I had to spend so much time ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuXtjKhCQ-A

Comment

The main problem is that when the motor is tilted due to a backlash, the model fails either forward or backward on the hinged elements. Only if you make your feet still in terms of turns. And transfer these elements to the feet down.

Of course you can try to force him to walk his jerks between the slopes, play balance and quickly move his legs in short steps dragging them on the ground, but I think it's not worth it. I do not even know what to do, I'm upset.
            Last edited by Valeria93; 05-04-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Valeria~
              I am sad for you, but I would not call this bot a failure. I think you have achieved some highly complex motion and another very efficient bot with this build. Although obviously heavy, there are almost no wasted components. Even the arms are used for folding into its rest position. I continue to be quite impressed with your designs, and I do not want you to feel discouraged. Seeing your builds gives me great ideas, and I hope you don't give up.

Meanwhile, you've hit on some very good design points regarding range of movement and weight issues. I have also seen bots that do not really walk, but jerk forward instead, like you mention. I would not be happy with that type of build, either.

This gets me thinking...
              On your build, did you try swinging the arms for balance? You could also consider keeping the feet close together but widening the weight distribution (think tightrope walker holding a long pole for balance).

I am very (okay, extremely!) busy right now, and I only rarely check this forum, but I should be back to building and posting more this summer. You've inspired me to try my idea for a two-legged bot that uses a moving counterweight for balance. It may not be humanoid, probably more like a Star Wars walker, but I hope to have something in about a month.

Hang in there! I know I am not the only one who looks forward to your posts and videos.

~Vexatron
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for supporting me. I also think that it's too early to give up and still put it on one leg modified the power of the gears on the legs and more strengthened the platform at the bottom and also minimized the steering play. But the problem remained in programming, I'm trying to make this huge system a "ModKit" and it's very problematic since you can not copy all the motors and after creating 20 or more events the editor is terribly stuck and it all takes a very long time, I think the whole problem is in A quick turnaround of programming and not in the model itself.

Now I want to switch to "RobotC" I can program into "assembler" "delphi" and different scripting languages. I think it will not be particularly difficult to switch to "C" and work with "RobotC" but there are some questions and if you can help me I will be very grateful. This will give a push to a new phase of my development and I will be able to finish this machine. I am engaged in robots not long only 4-5 months, but having looked the program "RobotC" I think I can quickly understand it.

Namely, I am interested in the maximum number of examples of the source code for working with the control panel, motors, a gyroscope, etc. And most importantly, how events and threads work, let's say how to make a similar code:

Proc Init;
                {
                //--- Initialization data
                SetEvent (MyEvent)
                //--- Working
                }

Proc MyProcEvent;
                {
                Message - ( Init Complite )
                }

Proc main;
                {
                CreateThread ( Init ) // --- Start Thread

//----- Working Main Thread
                }

1. How to work with threads, create threads.
                2. Work with the remote control, processing of the keystrokes, getting the keys.
                3. Creating events, waiting for events.
                4. Work with "for" "while" "case" i.t.d...

Any examples are simple complicated, it will help me a lot. The code is for VEX IQ. Thank you!
                Last edited by Valeria93; 05-06-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Valeria~
                  Awesome photos. Also, thanks for the PM.
                  I will try to get you some basic examples later this week. RobotC is not my main laguage - I work mainly with elementary students, but I would like to help.

I think posting a new thread and asking for help from the forum would also be a great idea.

Comment

ROBOTC has a really good help file that will explain most things you need to know. Also, if you go to "File" then "Open Sample Program" you will find examples for all the sensors and for programming the joysticks etc. Post your code up here if you need any help, it will be great to see this robot working well.

Comment

Hi,

I've looked at the fall while weight transfer attempt.

It seems that after moving the head to the left you try to tilt the robot using left foot motor (here and following "left" - is left side of attached picture).
                      But, I think weight transfer should be done by increasing the right leg length relative to the left leg length by left/right leg motors without breaking ground contact of both legs. At the same time, the motor you've used initially (left foot motor) should be turned-on with low power in opposite direction to eliminate motor/gears "play" in critical point.

Hmm, I hope you'll understand what I mean

Comment

Working...
                      X