STEM Judges feedback for teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEM Judges feedback for teams

I have been thinking about how I would like to do feedback for teams. I agree that the rubrics should not be passed back for the sake of candid judges notes. How about this one? I think it would be really easy for the judges and would give the kids an idea of what they should focus on.
    Attached Files

It's not too bad compared to some other ideas but I still think the following scenarios happen with this:

1. Teams (in particular adults/mentors/parents) look at each others feedback and get confused why they didn't win if they had more + then a team that got a - (remember rubric is only part of winning a judged award.) Teams/parents/mentors demand to see the sheet from the team that won, etc. etc.

2. This will still add some amount of time to the judging process - 30-60 seconds per team is significant at anything larger then a small event. I've seen judges take deliberation all the way to the final cutoff just because scores/impressions were so close more then once.

I feel like teams should be able to get a pretty good idea from having parents/volunteers/mentors/teachers/adults they don't know go through the process with them during PRACTICE. This is something we encourage mentors to make happen BEFORE events.

Comment

Originally posted by sankeydd View Post
      I have been thinking about how I would like to do feedback for teams. I agree that the rubrics should not be passed back for the sake of candid judges notes. How about this one? I think it would be really easy for the judges and would give the kids an idea of what they should focus on.
      I think it's a great start. Would love to see it at events.

Comment

Working...
      X