Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rules. does this really apply? how is it enforced?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driveguy it is in the agenda found on the robotevents web page for World Championships. I have attached it here.

The session I am talking about is the open forum discussion on Wednesday from 12-1:30 for VRC and Sunday from 12-1:30 for VEX IQ.
    Attached Files

Comment

YES. YOU CAN GET DIQUALIFIES IF A PARENT OR COACH IS DOING THE WORK INSTEAD OF THE KIDS ON THE TEAM. YOU CANT GET AWAY WITH IT, BECAUSE EVERYONE WILL BE WATCHING AND WILL SEE IF A PARENT IS DOING THE WORK, ALSO, THE KIDS ON THE TEAM WILL BE QUESTIONED OR INTERVIEWED AND IF THEY CANT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ITS NOT GOING TO LOOK GOOD. SO, THIS RULLE IS STRONGLY ENFORCED AND IS TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY.

Comment

the coaches shouldn't even touch the robot only the drivers and engineers, if the robot is in the coaches hand someone must interview them and ask what he or she is doing with the robot.

Comment

i know that there isn't enough judges for that but it should be a FAIR stem competition this is a learning experience for kids and they have to face facts that they cant win all of the time.

Comment

STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LET THERE PARENTS HELP THEM PROGRAM. IF JUDGES CATCH A PARENT PROGRAMMING FOR THEIR CHILD, THE TEAM CAN BE DQ. ALSO, NOTEBOOKS MUST BE WRITTEN BY THE STUDENTS. MOST OF THE JUDGES WORK AT COLLEGES AND CAN TELL WHO WROTE THE NOTEBOOK. JUDGES CAN ALSO TELL IF YOU ACTUALLY BUILT THE ROBOT BECAUSE TEAMS THAT DO NOT BUILD THEIR WHOLE ROBOT WILL STALL WHEN THEY ARE ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. TEAMS WHO DO BUILD THEIR ROBOT ARE ABLE TO ANSWER ALL OF THE QUESTIONS AND KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. BEST IDEA IS TO NOT CHEAT BECAUSE YOU WILL MOST LIKELY GET DQ.

Comment

Please don't write in all caps.

Please explain Students are not allowed to let their parents help them program. I'm not sure how to manage that for my crews of 3rd and 4th graders. How do your roboteers learn to program?

Comment

Working...
              X